this might sound kinda stupid but what can you say to your baby in ur belly

i am 26 weeks pregnant.. and my baby is very active. Always kicking and shoving. now everyone that ask me (is your baby kicking you yet ? i answer yes it allot too) they are all giving me the same answer you should play with it... and talk to it! but what can i say it sound and feels pretty akward speaking to my belly.. what do you guys say cuz i really dont know what i can tellll my baby all i keep saying is like i can't wait for you to be here. but can the baby really understand what im telling him or her? I know for a fact that he/ she can hear me though! but can it really understand me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a terrible voice but I used to sing when I was all alone. :)

When hubby was around I would tell him what hubby was doing and just say silly things :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:12 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Anything!! Sing to her too! They will learn the sound of ur voice. Read too!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i used to sing to my dd when she was in my belly.. and read childrens books.. id tell her what i was doing or what i had planned for the day.. what was going on around me.. id ask her questions lol even though i knew she wouldnt respond.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:23 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Start reading books.... It seems weird and pointless but it's not it helps your baby get use to your voice when I was in high school I took a parenting class and they said it was good to sing and read to your baby while still in the womb.....
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 2:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Sing to him or her, talk about what you are doing "Mommy is doing the dishes sweetie, so i'm sorry if I bump you into the cupboard" Your baby can hear you, from inside it sounds muffled and different but if you and your husband talk to the baby he or she will recognize you by your voice when born!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i always spoke to my belly, danced and sung! the baby can hear and feel the rhythm of your voice as well as others
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:42 PM on May. 13, 2009

• definately important to tell the baby you love it! you will say that more to it in its lifetime so why not start now???
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:04 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i put head phones on my belly and he moves like crazy. like baby songs.
    and i rub it and sing at the same time.
    Anonymous

• When I was pregnant with my first, I would read a few pages from "The Chronicles of Narnia" to her a few times a day. I don't think it's really what you're saying, just the sound of your voice is comforting, even when the bun is still in the oven.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 3:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I am not a great singer but I do sing to my baby and I get up and "dance with him" I guess I try to shake my belly to the music. When he kicks the crap out of me I do ask him to settle down..it is kinda weird talking to your belly but they can hear you. I also call him by his name alot. I have an 8 year old that cant' wait to be a big brother, he talks to my belly alot and when he goes to bed he gives me 2 hugs, one for me and one for Nathan, it's sweet!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:34 PM on May. 13, 2009