Do you think that it is right?

ok so I am 17weeks 3days. I went in today for my gender scan and they told me what I was having. (im not sharing yet). I was on another board and some lady told me that it could not be right and that 17 weeks was too early to tell what you are having. Has anyone ever found out at 17 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your tech was able to tell you at 17w what gender baby you are having then that is great news. I would love to find out at 17 weeks. That would be awesome.

Does everything look healthy for your baby? Everything developing ok?
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:12 PM on May. 13, 2009

• pregnant bellyYep everything looks fine. strong heatbeat 160. Looks great

Anonymous

• I found out at exactly 18 weeks so you could def find out then. I believe the baby's gender developes around 12 weeks but it just is too small to tell until later, so GL and congrats!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I found out the sex of my son at 16 weeks, during my routine 4 month ultrasound.....so nope, not too early to tell! Congratulations!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:18 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Thanks ladies I was thinking that maybe it was wrong even though I have pictures showing what it was. I think that lady did not know what she was talking about, or just mad because she has to wait until she is 20 weeks. Thanks again ladies! :-)
    Anonymous

• yeah it is i found out what i was haveing at 16 weeks.
    and now im 25 weeks and its the same thing they did a 3d one to and its
    def. a boy. they can find out much earlyer now then what they could a couple years ago bc i didnt fine out what my girl was till i was 20 weeks. so i think your doctor would be right. w.e it is.
    Anonymous

• I found out at 16 weeks 4 days, my first ultrasound. They actually thought I was only 15 weeks before that ultrasound. You can technically tell around 12 or 13 weeks or so, but it may be too small to tell, they may miss it or mis-read the ultrasound, or the baby may just be being shy. My boy definitely wasn't! lol.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 4:14 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I found out the sex of the baby at my 16 week ultrasound, and got a confirmation at 20 weeks.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• you can find out at 16 wks. it just depends on the baby. I did. I did not go on it 100 % but it is poswsible that it is right. dpends on clarity too.
    spidermonkey2

Answer by spidermonkey2 at 6:58 PM on May. 13, 2009