SAHMs I need your help...especially those with 2 under 4.

Ok, I work in the office 3x per week and I work from home 2x per week with the kids. Here's the thing. I can't figure out the at home days for the life of me. What is your normal schedule and is your house clean at any given moment???

Since I am not home 3 days I probably have extra housework, and because I am working from home, some of my time is focused on working and not just "momming" if that is a word, lol...but on those days the kids destroy the house. I feel like my entire day is just picking up toys and cooking meals and snacks and cleaning up meals and snacks all. day. long. What am I doing wrong?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 2:24 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• your not doing anything wrong... lol its a very repetitive thing when you have little ones on the go... my house is never clean for longer than a couple hours... unless its the weekend when my son goes to his dads.... there is always food to be made and dishes to be done and toys to pick up....
    it will slow down the older they get... goodluck hon!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:49 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old, no paying job and my house is NEVER Clean at any given time, ever. I used to freak out about everything being such chaos all the time, but I have since made peace with it. It is way more important that we play outside on nice days, have healthy meals and go on educational fun outings than have a vaccumed rug. Its not forever..
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 2:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You're not doing anything wrong...I was a SAHM of a two and a half year old and a 7 month old and I didn't work at all and my house was still never totally clean. It's impossible. Just make peace with it lol. It's hard and no one ever gives you credit until they do it.
    manamott

Answer by manamott at 2:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• two that are two and a ten month old..House is never 100 % clean..... but the kids are always having fun, or learning something!
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 2:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• No one was ever killed by a dust bunny.
    Throw in a load of laundry every day or every other day.
    Clean one room a day.
    Get your spouse involved (my does laundry)

Answer by rkoloms at 2:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My house is "clean", that's not the problme the problem is its a mess! Two different things. There are toys and crap everywhere! Its the STUFF I can't take. For every toy I put away, my kids seem to pull out 5 more. Its just constant stuff no matter what I see to do.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:56 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I had 3 under three(newborn, 10 month old and 2 year old at one point) my house was always clean. It helped me unwind after work and school back then. I'd suggest flylady if you are having trouble. Good luck!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:10 PM on May. 13, 2009