Christians...

Are you every afraid you are wrong.. that you may be worshiping a God of many Gods that is just jealous of being left out? Or that this "energy" you call God, wasn't something that man just gave human characteristics to, and a name, so they didn't feel so alone in the universe, and to help explain all their unanswered questions?

If your not afraid, and feel confident in your beliefs, why do you question someone else that feels just as confident in their own???

We won't ever know who is right or wrong until it is already too late, and we are dead... so why try to question someone else, when nobody is absolutely sure? Is it because you question your own faith?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 2:26 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am confident in my beliefs, just as I know others are confident in theirs. I don't believe God has to be, or can be forced to fit into our little boxes. I believe He is however we perceive Him to be, that He has revealed Himself to people in all different ways so that we may all find our way to Him. I believe every religion/faith/etc is inspired by Him and just as valid.
    I also don't believe in Hell. So I don't believe anyone has anything to lose by their beliefs, which means I don't have the need to try to convince anyone mine are the right ones - as a matter of fact, I'm not claiming what I believe is true, only that I believe it.
    And you're right - we'll never know until we're dead, and then it won't even matter.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I'm not one bit afraid, and am 100% confident in my belief in God as the only God. As to whatever someone else wants to believe, I have no control over them, so I guess they can do and worship as they please.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:29 PM on May. 13, 2009

• From what I gather the reason that christians tend to 'preach' to other ppl is because the bible says to spread the word of God. I agree with the last part of your post...that is why I don't every question someone's beleif because for all I know I might be wrong myself. I just try to live my life the best to my abilities and worship and think spiritually what I feel is right in my heart. That is all any of us can do.
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 2:29 PM on May. 13, 2009

• sorry xxhazeldovexx speak for yourself.. I know the God I serve is the only one and living God. This is manifested to the one's he has answered his call.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 2:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• What you speak goes totally against bible bandgeek.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 2:33 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't "question" someone who doesn't believe in God, just because I don't agree with them.

Compare it to learning about healthier living. If someone denies the value of wholesome food & exercise, or denies that alcohol, cigarettes or pesticides are bad for our body - that's their decision, but I'm not going to respect their opinion. If someone refuses to consider these ideas, then no matter what I show them of the evidence which convinced me, they'll always be able to point to some exception, or say "But you don't KNOW !"

Oh, well.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• This is another thing I don't get not only do people have to believe in your god or they are wrong, but they have to believe in the way you see fit or they are wrong. Why is there no tolerence, or at least the good old attitude of I don't like it but if it does not effect me who cares?

People are not likely to help a stranger getting mugged, beaten or rapped; but if they hear a stranger say something that is contradictory to their belief they will step in to save that persons soul. I just do not understand.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:38 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Theeerrree you go telling another Christian she is wrong because she doesn't believe the same as you. Thats wrong, just wrong.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:38 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It is too scary to consider being wrong so we must fight that idea at all times, within ourselves & in others.
    Anonymous

• sorry xxhazeldovexx speak for yourself.
    What you speak goes totally against bible bandgeek.

It really is irony day, isn't it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:38 PM on May. 13, 2009