boy part problems???

My son is 9 months and have some red slpotches on his testicals... I think it could be a heat rash but im not sure?? could it maybe be an allerrgic reaction??? It doesnt seem to bother him at all and as soon as the diaper comes off he grabs for himself so I was thinking it could maybe be from his fingernails... I really dont know... has this happened with anyone elses sons???

mommy2b17MV

Asked by mommy2b17MV at 2:29 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it might be a yeast infection. you should call his pediatrician and see what they say
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• He's to the age where grabbing himself is exploring his parts. If this the only time you see him grab himself? If you leave the diaper off, does it go away? Have you tried a cool (not cold) bath? If it is a yeast infection, the dr. may prescribe something, but often there is OTC for it. Ask the dr.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have a baby girl who every now and then gets a red dot down there...but as far as heat rash...oh she is very sensitive to the heat and gets rashy on her legs, arms and under her neck pretty bad. She is 3 mo old. I give her baths more if we've had to be out in the heat a lot but as far as the occasional red dot, they come and go. She never has diaper rash and I change her diaper even if she has just 1 pee pee in it. You could just have the pediatrician look to make sure, but it's probably nothing.
    Anonymous