how do i know when my baby is sick?

my 2 month year old has been really fussy for the last few days, yesterday she cried all day long and only slept for 2 1/2 hours, today she did a little better but still a bit fussy, how do i know if she is sick or not feeling good.. she doesnt have a temp..

newmommy031309

Asked by newmommy031309 at 2:32 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She might be teething. If she is then give her some baby's orajel and some tylenol. Or she might have a tummy ache. Or she might be constipated. When was the last time she had a BM? If she is pulling at her ears she could have a ear infection. It could be a number of things or she just might be going through a phase.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Is she spitting up at all... more then usually???.... She could be teething I know it sounds early but my nephew got his first tooth at 3 months.... see if you can feel any bumps where there could be teeth
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 2:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Do not give her orajel..it hardens their gums and makes it hurt worse.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Orajel is fine to use! i used it with both of my boys and they only needed it for 3 days before the teeth broke through.
    Anonymous

• Mine never needed it. I used teethers to help him soothe. And it has been proven that it will make their gums harder and hurt more.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:44 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Hylands teething tablets
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:55 PM on May. 13, 2009