Nail polish....is there one sold that lasts for more than a day?

I thought that my nail polish always chipped because I was cheap and went for the nail polish that was cheap, so I went and splurged on some and ran into the same thing? I put it on and less then an hour later it is already chipping. I go and get manicures at places and the same thing happens. So does anyone know of one that really works for you and does not chip?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 2:44 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Avon just reformulated their already awesome nail polishes to where they stay on longer. I just bought Tangtastic and its been on my toes for two weeks now and no chips! Make sure you use a base and top coat and allow at least two minutes in between coats to dry (unless you buy the speed dry version or use the speed dry nail enamel spray) This is why manicures in salons don't last very long because they rush through it trying to get to the next customers and it globs up and peels! You can try a bottle at www.youravon.com/dhullum using code fsany for free shipping they're on sale on my site right now ranging from 1.99-4.00!!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:43 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Revlon colorstay. It's one bottle of color with a clear sealer. It's the only one I've ever used that lasts at all. Unfortunately, they don't have a lot of colors.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:46 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have the same problem, no matter how careful I am I always have a chip or two a day after I spend so much time doing my nails. I've tried every top coat available. The best thing I can recommend is "Sally Hansen No Chip". It's been around forever, not too pricey and generally does keep those darn chips to a minimum. You should be able to find it at any drug store, etc.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Opi, but it is really toxic!

Answer by rkoloms at 2:50 PM on May. 13, 2009

• O.P.I works great it last for me even at work(bartender) and my hands are in and out of sanitizer all night!
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:50 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Yep! Avon Nail Enamel Pro - has diamond dust in it and stays 10 days with touchups. I have to touch up the tips after about day 5 or 6 (with applying 2 coats). And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I have included a link to my Avon site - enter REPFS at checkout for free shipping directly to you.
    http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=301&pdept_id=313&dept_id=&pf_id=36660
    Christi
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 3:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I do like OPI a LOT also! I've used ORLY in the past too (but I think it chips more easily if I rememeber correctly!) I use Out the Door fast drying Top Coat on whatever polish I use! IT is SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER TOP COAT!! It gives a high gloss finish, dries quickly, and gives no-chip protection. Color lasts a LOT longer! (If I use it on my toes, the polish lasts between trimmings!)
    bupkie

Answer by bupkie at 3:45 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I love OPI and Sally Hansen. Sally Hansen has this stuff called Hard As Wraps that I like to put on over my polish and it makes it stay for at least 3 days without chipping.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2009

• use a good base and top coat
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 8:14 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i had the same problem but i don't have that prolbem anymore because i have acyrllic tips and the color stays on until i need a refill.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:22 PM on May. 13, 2009