Why do people choose NOT to vaccinate?

Oh no! I asked a probably stupid question, but I don't know the reasons. Also, how do you send your Kids to school without the proper vaccinations? Isn't that dangerous? I already vaccinate my kids, but I have been noticing on CM so many moms who don't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Health

• Because it's their choice! I choose to vaccinate. By the way...this question can get really ugly on CM. So good luck! LOL
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• you should join Educate Before You Vaccinate. you will get a much better and thorough answer to your question. There is much more to the story than meets the eye ;-)

Anonymous

• because they are misiim=nformed and do not fully understand the reprocussions of their actions
    Anonymous

• Because the kids might be allergic to the ingredients of a vaccine, eg egg in chicken pox vaccine, or in my case brother had bad reaction to a vaccine and his sister will probably not get that one.

I am not anti-vaccine, I am anti 40+ vaccines or whatever the number is prior to age 4.

I believe there are forms you can fill in for not being vacinated. That is also why some people homeschool.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:07 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I o not vaccinate. I'm not comfortable with what is in them. I do not like the idea of artifical immunity. I am not afraid of most diseases that are vaccinated against. I am very informed about vaccines which is why I don't vaccinate(and I'm not saying vaxers aren't, they may be informed and still choose to vax). And yes, children can go to school without them. You just have to file a medical/philisophical/religious exemption.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:16 PM on May. 13, 2009