Yellowstone

Any great suggestion for travelling to Yellowstone with a family? Any places that we should really visit or places we should avoid? Especially suggestions for campgrounds. We watched a Discovery Channel special on the park and it was beautiful, so we are really excited to be going so just looking for suggestions. I have checked out all the books that the library has to offer but I hoping to hear some things from a family perspective.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 2:49 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Travel

• I just said to my husband tonight that our trip to Yellowstone was our best vacation ever. There is a KOA campground outside the Teton National Park, about 30 minutes from Yellowstone and about 45 minutes from Jackson Hole (Wyoming). All of that area is SO beautiful! We stayed at the KOA, in a tent, in August. We went to sleep to the sound of the coyotes howling and woke up to the elk bugling. We spent a couple of days devoted to Yellowstone, a day devoted to hiking around the Tetons and a day exploring Jackson.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:44 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I WANNA GO!!! I would LOVE to yellowstone and so would my fiance...its a long way from cali though and we dont have the money to go that far = ( We have been goin to truckee yearly though and its alot of fun. Your lucky, im jealous...oh well someday we will go. I think its gonna be a lot a fun for your family.
    Lilcountrygrl86

Answer by Lilcountrygrl86 at 2:59 PM on May. 13, 2009

• We are going there this summer too!! Sorry, I won't know more until after the trip though. lol Have a great time!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Yellowstone campsites book in advance and need reservations often so I'd find out about that. Also, outside of Yellowstone is a place to die for called Chico Hotsprings. Very affordable lodging with fantastic food, a great, pool sized hot spring, activities, horsebackriding, etc. Google it. A place where movie stars hide out.

Gardener and Paradise Valley, Montana are on the way to Yellowstone and are very beautiful places to stop. Also,, Jack Hannah has a saloon in Absarokee which is fun. Try Fodors.com for more.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:55 PM on May. 13, 2009