homemade baby clothes

anyone make their own baby clothes? I'd like to make my son some cute "hippy" patchwork pants, and would love some pattern ideas!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:51 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• All you need is a pattern for pants and enough scraps to turn them into a sheet of fabric. Sew scraps into strips long enough for the pattern, sew the strips together to make them wide enough for the pattern (You'll have four "pieces" of patchwork fabric. Then you can finish the back surface, cut them like a regular pattern, and make pants from them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:59 PM on May. 13, 2009

• thanks mama! I have tons of fabric and a sewing machine. I'm afraid to use the machine because when it was fixed, the guy got it set up to use some string and I'm kinda afraid of using up the string because I'll have to restring it myself LOL I have an instruction manual though. I guess it's just a matter of getting over my laziness!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You probably can find some good ideas and even patterns on Etsy.com.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:07 PM on May. 14, 2009

• that is an awesome idea, some cute little peace signs on the pants pockets,some cuts like in the pants you buy from the store thats is really good idea
    gennymae

Answer by gennymae at 4:46 PM on May. 14, 2009