4- m-baby will cry / get nervous if a 'stranger (including people he doesn't see often )

He sees grandparents once a couple weeks, he was great with them before, I used to leave him to grandparent for a half day. ...
In recent a couple weeks, he won't let them touch him, he will cry if I leave him there. He couldn't stand if a group of people come to our house, he will be panic and cry.....
what is the problem, any of your babies has the same problem....??

Wenqi

Asked by Wenqi at 2:58 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• attachmemt problems lol my son 9 months is the same way... i know he is like this because i was a single mom til he was 8 months and my parents hardly ever got him and i was pretty much all he knew
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 3:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• he's just getging to that stage where he doesn't like people hw doesnt see all the time. My kids did the same thing. It Will pass. Except the crying when you leave part that will talk a lot longer, like until he's 2 or 3. He needs to be aroung his GPs more so he can get used to them being around more
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:03 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My daughter was the same way from 4mos to about 15mos or so. She didnt like anyone she didnt know or even some that she did. She mostly hated guys she didnt know, she was ok for the most part with females she didnt know. We had a couple of male friends who knew her since birth and she would see them every couple weeks or so when they would come over, around 4mos she deciced she really didnt like guys vary much. One of the went on camp trip wtih us when she was 3mso and had no issue at that age. The other frined is actually her god father. She didnt like my dad, she only saw him oncw month though, she loved her uncle and grandfaterhers that she saw erery day...the thing is we live in a house full of men yet she didnt like men she didnt already know, and some she did...weird huh.
    Lilcountrygrl86

Answer by Lilcountrygrl86 at 3:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my dd does it too. we live with her father and if i leave the room or go outside to smoke a cigarette shes trips out. and the only place hubbs goes is to work. lol he thinks she hates him lol
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 3:54 PM on May. 13, 2009

• This is not an attachment PROBLEM it is a normal reaction for a 4 month old child. Just keep bringing him around others in small doses and don't FORCE him to let others hold him. Let him stay safe in your arms while adjusting to the new people around him. It does get better.
    Anonymous