Nuts......

Are they good to eat while dieting / trying to eat healthy? I bought some almonds and it looks like they aren't fattening so why do I see things on how healthy they are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Nuts are fattening but a good fat, eat them in moderation, but if you want to lose weight they are good for protein if you are exercising.
    Anonymous

• Nuts are very fattening-they are high in fat but it is "good" fat. Many doctors and nutrition plans suggest you eat 1-2 servings (a serving is 1 ounce of nuts or 2 tbs nut butter) per day. Look for nuts that are raw or dry roasted and are low sodium or unsalted.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 3:17 PM on May. 13, 2009

• only 1/4 cup of almond a day

Answer by rkoloms at 3:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• yep, good fat so eat them but like rkoloms said only 1/4 cup a day

Answer by admckenzie at 8:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• RAW almonds are the best nuts to eat, and then only in moderation.
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:41 AM on May. 14, 2009

• A handful in between meals will keep your hunger controlled until the next meal. Anymore than that adds to many calories and excess fat!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 12:54 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I add almonds to my breakfast and often my lunch (7 or 8 raw almonds. Dried have too much salt.) They are an excellent form of protein. I have an egg or egg substitute, 7 almonds, glass of veg. juice, piece of fruit for breakfast. For lunch I do 1 lowfat string cheese, 7 almonds, 2 stalks of celery, 2 large mushrooms, 2 radishes, glass of veg. juice and sometimes a sugar free jello, all for lunch. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:14 PM on May. 14, 2009