Do you ever feel guilty about this?

I often feel guilty that I don't spend enough time with my 3 1/2 year old playing, reading, and just generally teaching her. I try my best but with so much going on I find it nearly impossible to spend the time I'd desire with her. This guilt is consuming me, does anyone else feel guilt in this way? Is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• YES!!! i feel that way a lot too!!! my husband works in the day and i work at night so we don't have any day care i don't like the fact of some one else raising them, during the day it seems to go by soooo fast with having to clean and do meals and get them ready and my self it seems there's not much time for play, i relay wish i could stay home but i can't right now and i know how you feel my kids are 4 and 2 I'm hoping soon i'll be able to quite. :)
    mommaceder

Answer by mommaceder at 5:51 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes at times I can feel guilty...
    I work 4 days a week to boot...
    but everyday I do something with her.
    She will help cook dinner, or we go for a bike ride, and everynight I read her books..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes, sometimes i spend too much time on Cafemom and feel guilty about not spending enough time reading and playing with the kids.
    Anonymous

• No. I let my kids do their own thing. If they need my attention they come to me but I don't spend my day entertaining them. Works for us. Right now my 3yo is playing with Legos in the living room and my 7yo son and 6yo dd are fighting over some toys in the other room. My 8yo dd is probably watching TV with my dad upstairs.
    We mostly do our own thing during the day or the kids play with each other.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:58 PM on May. 13, 2009

• No i didn't feel guilty.I am a stay at home mom by choice.Because kids need thheir moms.Work takes too much time away from them and I didn't wantt anyone else to raisse my son.Why have kids if you have no time for them.I say make time,because they don't stay little very long and you are missing out on some wonderful times that you can never get back.And you will regret it for the rest of your life
    starshine57

Answer by starshine57 at 4:28 PM on May. 13, 2009

• If you're doing your best, why do you feel guilty? There's no reason to. You can only do what you can do, no more. You can do less, and then you'd have a right to feel guilty.

No, I don't. I refuse to. I'm doing the best I can for all three of my boys. I may feel bad at times when one doesn't get all the attention he wants during the day, but I do what I can to make up for it the next day.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:20 PM on May. 13, 2009