First time mom and needing help(PLEASE)...

My son is seven weeks old and has been VERY fussy today. He usually eats four ounces every three hours and today he has been fussing like he's hungry every one to two hours. He eats a little every time too. I changed him to soy a week and a half ago because of belly issues and dont know what to do. He hasnt been sleeping well either, maybe for thirty minutes at a time and then wakes up crying. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say he may be going through a growth spurt so feed him when he is hungry, and see if that helps, make sure you are burping him...this could be the sleeping problem too!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:38 PM on May. 13, 2009

• He's probably going through a growth spurt
    Anonymous

• Have you tried gas drops at all? They were a god send for my daughter! She also had belly problems and her doctor switched her to a formula that wasn't soy or milk based and it worked miracles!
    JLynnMcKay

Answer by JLynnMcKay at 3:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You could try gripe water. that will help any discomfort he has in his tummy. You could also try buying breast milk from somewhere like la leche league and see if that changes his symptoms. Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 3:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I had to switch to soy for my oldest son as well. I remember him having a lot of gas and tummy problems. He threw up a lot too. I used the gas drops and rubbed his tummy.
    For my second son, I had done some research and ended up using Carnation Good Start and we didn't have near as much gas and tummy pain.
    CandleDivaMom

Answer by CandleDivaMom at 3:50 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i would definitely try the gas drops you would be suprised on the outcome
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It sounds like he isnt burping enough and has a belly ache, and thinks hes still hungry. Try feeding him a half an ounce, then MAKE sure he burps before you feed him the rest of the bottle.
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 3:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• burp him more often, and also i agree, try the gas drops. it works wonders!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have never seen a 7 week old be teething!
    Anonymous

• Mylicon for gas worked miracles. Also, I switched to Enfamil Gentlease formula.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 6:40 PM on May. 13, 2009