Has anyone ever been to Myrtle Beach?

I was looking around for vacation ideas and myrtle beach looked like a fun place. (plus i love the movie "the shag" and that is where they were in the movie)...anyways, I was wondering if anyone had been there and if they would recommend it or not?

Kates1122

Asked by Kates1122 at 3:46 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Travel

• Yep! It's a beautiful place!
    Anonymous

• Yes. We stayed in North Myrtle Beach for several years. There is lots to do a lots of shopping. Maybe a half dozen shows, so you can do something neat every night. Golfing. Restaurants. Children's activities. The beach is very nice, too.

Answer by Bmat at 4:03 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I go there every year. I have since I was a little girl. It has a little something for people of all ages. I highly recommend it.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:08 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes. My parents use to take my siblings and I every summer! My husband and I actually went there for our honeymoon! Its beautiful. Try to visit Ripley's Aquarium! Its amazing and huge! I really enjoyed it! If you decide to go - let us know how your trip went!
    feb28

Answer by feb28 at 4:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I went when I was really little and remember it being fun. BTW, I so love the movie Shag too! I don't know many people who have seen it!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 4:54 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I live close and yes I would recommend it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I've been to Myrtle Beach several times & I love it. My husband & I went there on our honeymoon in 1996 and now we get to share the experience with our 2 kids. We enjoy staying at the Sea Mist Resort. Some of our favorite places to go there (other than the beach & pools) is Broadway at the Beach (We love it; it's a huge shopping, dining & entertainment complex), Dixie Stampede, and the Family Kingdom Amusement Park. There are tons of other places to visit, but these are ones that we go to often. I highly recommend going.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:00 PM on May. 13, 2009

• There's great shopping at the boardwalk type place called Broadway at the Beach. It has the Ripley's Aquarium and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. My husband loved to go to Bass Pro as well.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:04 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes, it is so much fun! We stayed at Compass Cove Resort and we had a blast!
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 2:16 PM on May. 14, 2009