MY FERRET,I THINK HE'S DYING:(

HE'S BEEN BREATHING HEAVY SINCE YESTERDAY,SLEEPING ALOT MORE THEN HE USUALLY DOES,NOT REALLY EATING OR DRINKING,JUST NOT ACTING LIKE HE USUALLY DOES. THE VET WHERE I LIVE DOESN'T TREAT FERRETS.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.I FEEL SOOOOOOOOOO BAD!

cathycat

Asked by cathycat at 3:47 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pets

• I am sorry. Yes it does sound as though he is going to pass away. Keep water near him and keep him out of drafts. If he likes being petted do some gentle petting. Talk to him.

Answer by Bmat at 4:00 PM on May. 13, 2009

• well certainly there has to be a vet somwhere around your city
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:06 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i had a ferret..he died and had the same symptoms. He was sick with a cold or the flu or soemthing like that and I was little so I didnt know how to nurse him back to health. Id make sure you keep him warm..keep water by him. And spend as much time wiht him as possible just in case! Or think about taking him to another vet
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 5:07 PM on May. 13, 2009

• there are speciality vets around . You should try too yahoo some in the area . Talk too your local vets they would have too know of some vets that specialize in those particular type of animals. Im sorry this is happening to your family .
    Anonymous

• Please do your ferret a favor a take him to a vet:

http://www.ferret.org/links/vets.html
    http://www.ferret-universe.com/vets/vetlist.asp

I drive about an hour away to go to a good ferret vet. Do NOT take him to a vet who does not treat ferrets. Many ferrets have died this way because of the incompetence of vets.
    Fili

Answer by Fili at 1:06 PM on May. 14, 2009

• you only have one vet in your area? you could go to a different city to take him to the vet.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:27 PM on May. 14, 2009