I need some advice

My two month old is crying a lot and acting like he's hungry about an hour after feedings and I feed him and he eats a little and then sucks on his hand and drools like he's still hungry but doesnt eat. I dont know whats wrong

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Growth spurt
    Anonymous

• teething
    Anonymous

• I remember going through something similar. It could be gas or tummy pain. Make sure your formula is gentle.
    Anonymous

• Nurse on demand. Even if its every half an hour! my son was the same way & I was worried I was not producing enough milk....as long as you nurse on demand & he is wetting like 5-8 diapers/day you know he is getting enough to eat. He also could be teething even as early as 2mos...my friends baby popped a tooth @ 2.5mos old! Make sure he is changed obviously ( some babies are very picky & one pee in their diaper they are grumpy to be changed! lol ). If he is fed/changed/being cuddled & still fussy I would think teething or maybe colic? consult your pediatrician. good luck girl!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 3:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would nurse on demand until you are able to figure out why he is doing what he is doing. All 3 of my boys had thrush and they acted just like your LO is doing right now. Your son's symptoms always preceded the white, cottage-cheesy stuff that showed up on their tongues. If your son has it, you will become painfully aware of the thrush. When it finally shows up on you son's tongue, call you doctor and let him/her know. The doctor will prescribe Nystatin and tell you how to get rid of it. I hope that it is a growth spurt or something else and not thrush, since it is painful for your LO and for you.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:17 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It could be teeting, but probably it's GAS! I had to switch to Enfamil Gentlease Formula for my son, PLUS I used Mylicon drops after every bottle feeding. My ped said Mylicon didn't work, but I used it anyway - and it worked EVERY time.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 6:38 PM on May. 13, 2009