I am writing a paper for my english class. We have used one book that is a compilation of stories and poems. How do I make a work cited page for each works that I included in the essay ?

I know how to do a regular works cited page using each book and website I used, but because this is all from one book I am not positive. The book is "Literature and It's Writers" by Charters and Charters. Published in 2007. And then for example - a poem I included was "Memento Mori" by Collins on page 973. So do I have to use the name of the book in every work I used ? Or do I just do an individual thing for each work?
And yes, I know this isn't "just for fun" but I am hoping for answers quick and this is the most active group.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the style your teacher wants you to use. ABA, MLA, etc
    Anonymous

• MLA
    Anonymous

• I'm going to strongly suggest googling MLA and the type of book you're using. You can then hit a few links and find one that most closely resembles your book. Better safe than sorry.

Barring that, speak with your teacher.

I still have my MLA handbook from when I was in college, but I know it's out of date!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:43 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My college professors require us to use APA format so I am unfamiliar with MLA format. I haven't used MLA format since 1999.
    There should be a website with MLA help and your college should also offer labs or tutorials on such things, too. A librarian is also a good resource.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:43 PM on May. 13, 2009