medical insurance for your new born??

i was going to get medicaid when i 1st found out i was pregnant but my doc told me not to because the insurance i was under which is my fathers insurance was going to cover everything.but his insurance wont cover me because im graduating in june. i noe my baby is going to need her shots and everything once shes born and everything but i heard that you have to wait until the baby is born to get medicaid once your 6 months.anyone know if theres anything i can do to get medical insurance to cover me and the baby and cover practically everything.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 4:11 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have no idea your best bet would be to google medical insurance and just read up. sry i have nothing for ya. i wish you the best of luck.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• for 3 months after she is born, medicaid pays her stuff under your account.. and whoever told you the wait 6 mos thing is wrong. when you take her to her first appt at 1 week, they will give you an applucation.. but your parents may have to apply for you when your pregnant because you have to be 21. my parents did. they should pay for everything at least pregnancy related for right now
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 4:29 PM on May. 13, 2009

• with the new medicaid put in place by president obama they can not deny coverage to anyone. so you and your unborn child can get it now. my brothers just got it and so did i. it took a litle bit of time gettine the cards but i had a peice of paper they gave me andi gave to my doctor and they didnt need anything else from me. and me and my baby are covered im 31 weeks. so you should be fine. just talk to your local job and family services they will let you know what you need. Good luck
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 4:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Im 9 months and im getting medical now...which is the exact same thing
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• the dr just gets paid more with insurance other than medicaid. That's why he said don't do it. I've had 3 children on Medicaid and it paid everything for both of us

Answer by admckenzie at 5:21 PM on May. 13, 2009