Help!!!

I'm starting to pack my hospital bag for when my little bundle of joy makes his way here and I don't really know what I need...

I wanted to get some imput before I go to wallmart and buy a bunch of junk I don't need...

I have a long while to go before I'm actually going to be going, but it's never to early for a pregnant nesting gal. haha

jachelle

Asked by jachelle at 4:21 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Pajamas for you, 2 sets of pajamas for baby, going home outfit, shampoo and conditioner, soap, your own towels (I hate hospital ones), loose fitting clothes for you (sweat pants), nursing bra if you're nursing, camera, don't need diapers or wipes where I live, baby body wash, lotion for you and baby
    Anonymous

• socks, slippers, hair dryer, straightner, make up,toothbrush and toothpaste..
    LuckyCharmed200

Answer by LuckyCharmed200 at 4:26 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Dark colored jammie pants, LOTS of granny panties, a good book, some baby wash for a shower (normal soap will sting!), and a roll of quarters for the vending machines. Naturally you'll want your toothbrush and such things, and your camera. You don't really need to take that much stuff with you, the hospital should provide you with most of the stuff you'll need. Take an outfit or two for the newborn pictures, a cute blankie, and of course the car seat. That's about it.

Good luck!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 4:26 PM on May. 13, 2009

• snacks, chewing gum (helps dry mouth!), books, magazines or puzzles if you're getting an epidural, breast pads if you're nursing, lanolin if you're nursing,
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 4:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It's been awhile since I had to pack one of thoe bags. But the BEST piece of advice I have ever gotten on that subject is ... Pack for 3 or 4 days. Even if you are planning a vaginal birth, where you would be out in a day and half, things can happen and you might need a C-Section and end up there for 3 or 4 days. That's what happened to me with my first pregnancy and thankfullfy a woman in my Lamaz class had shared this advice with me, so I was prepared.

PJ's for you, nursing tops and bras, a going home outfit, slippers or warm socks, your favorite pillow, soaps, face washes, deodearant, toothbrush, shampoo ... the usual. Nursing pads, underwear. For the baby, you'll really only need a going home outfit. You can pack other stuff, but the hospital has blankets and shirts and daipers and all that. A CARSEAT to tak your little one home in ... and other than that, I've drawn a blank.
    Congratulations!
    unsuspected

Answer by unsuspected at 4:29 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I brought, two pairs of clothes for my new little one, a special one for the baby pictures. For me, camera, shampoo, conditioner, pjs, underwear, toothbrush+paste, slippers, deoderant, brush, hair clips scruchies, and an outfit to wear home. :)
    Good Luck!!!
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• For you:shampoo,conditoner,soap, razors,shaving creame slippers,socks, going home clothes make sure they are loose fitting because your belly will still be kindof big anything to keep you entertained during your stay oh yeah and dont forget a camera! For your little bundle of joy: a few changes of clothes, extra diapers, wipes, blankets.
    I hope this helps and CONGRATS
    jenjen07

Answer by jenjen07 at 4:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• A FEW(5) SLEEPERS(MY DD SPIT UP AND WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY CLOTHS LEFT)
    A HAT
    SOCKS
    BIBS
    RECEIVING BLANKETS (2)
    DIAPERS AND WIPES(SOME PROVIDE SOME DON'T)
    AND AN OUTFIT FOR PICS

AND FOR YOU
    SOME LOOSE CLOTHS ,SOCKS
    I SO AGREE WITH THE DARK PANTS , AND A FEW UNDER WEARS ,
    BATH WASH, HAIR BRUSH, TOOTH BRUSH,&DEODORANT!

SOME CHANGE FOR SNACKS OUT THE VENDING MACHINE AND SOME MONEY FOR FOOD OUT THE CAFETERIA OR ANY WHERE'S NEAR! AND A CAR SEAT! GL

ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:40 PM on May. 13, 2009

• and a partiage in a pear tree
    Anonymous

• haha thanks girls!!!!
    I made a huge list...
    and now I'm more excited than afraid to forget something!!!
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 6:30 PM on May. 17, 2009