should i be mad?

okay we are hurting for money right now. i lost my job and his job has taken away the bounuses. so money is very tight. i have been looking for a job and i finnaly got a second interview. i told him today and i asked if he was happy. he said yeah, but i would be happy with whatever job you found. i was like not any job you wouldnt want me to be striper, he was like i wouldnt mind., i would like it we would have more money that way.
now should i be mad that he wouldnt mind if i were a stipper? after we got off the phone i cried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Was he joking at all? Because yeah, I'd be mad, it's very disrespectful. Tell to work as a male escort at nights and work two jobs.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• yeah i told him to go work as a stipper, he was like i would if we had any male stip clubs here. i was like wtf! i am so mad right now. this whole conversation is making me think twice about everything. i know its just one thing, but its really big in my eyes.
    Anonymous

• Putting myself in this situation I wouldn't be upset. One my man thinks highly of me if he thinks I'm going to be bringing a lot of money. Because I've been to strip clubs and believe me a lot of the girls look like they are still knocked up. And If they are not appealing to the men they don't bring home nothing at all. And 2) he supports anything u are willing to do. Putting your feelings before his own to me is love. Hope u feel better.
    Anonymous

• talk to him when he gets home that way you can see his facial expressions...some guys and only some of them love that their ladies are dancers/strippers....its something to brag about to their guy friends...and alot of guys dont like that bc they should be the only ones that are looking at that...but see what he says when you are face to face....then you will be able to tell with him...if you are happy wanting to do it and he approves then go for it...thats great money!!
    Anonymous

• He might say that at first but after you've been doing it for a while it would possibly bug him. You know in some strip joints husbands of the strippers are not allowed because they can't stand to see so many men lusting over their woman. If he answered right away then he probably didn't put a lot of thought into it. Ask him again, tell him to think about it and to be honest. Personally I wouldn't do it if I were you. But my attitude on that topic is that no one deserves to see me naked except my husband. And sometimes he doesn't even deserve it. lol!
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 4:44 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't be mad. It just means he isn't the jelous type. That is how I take it.
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 4:45 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I wouldnt have been mad..I would have just laughed it off.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I agree with ShannonLeigh02.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 5:46 PM on May. 13, 2009

• What is up with Women sitting around analyzing EVERY damn thing their Man says??! They don't sit around and analyze any damn thing we say! It was just a comment made in passing! Obviously the job that you are "getting" doesn't pay a bundle ( ex: doctor, etc) SO with that said a Stripper WOULD bring in more Money then medium wage paying jobs! It was a comment about Money! Not degrading you. He didn't really "mean it".. He would like to have some stresses taken off by coming into MORE Money. Get over it.
    Anonymous

• Not that I could be a stripper if I wanted to, lol, but I would be hurt ! I would think that he would rather be dirt poor with me rather than see me degrade myself and share my body with everyone else so that they can later jack off to my image. I would question his morals, his judgement, and if he truly loves me. That is if he wasn't kidding.
    mamawilson112

Answer by mamawilson112 at 6:49 PM on May. 13, 2009