Summer playdates?

We haven't lived here very long and I'm trying to figure out what to do to maintain contact with the friends my kids have made so far. Is it OK just to write a note to their parents with our info and let them know if they're interested, I'd like for our kids to get together over summer? I was planning on sending the note to school to be sent home with a few select kids...

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 4:31 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• That sounds like a good idea.But be careful there are alot of crazy people out there.
    starshine57

Answer by starshine57 at 4:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It depends on your school. Some schools will not let you send "select" notes to only specific kids. You know that idea of if you invite one you have to invite everyone rule. Sometimes I like it and sometimes that is just a pain. But sending a note to parents is a great way to get the ball rolling.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• That's the thing I was concerned about (I don't want to invite both their entire classes to hang out all summer). I definitely don't want to invite kids over that I know they don't care for as much. If they have personality conflicts, they probably won't have much fun. My daughter's teacher OK'd me on it (I'm just sending one note to her best friend and they're old enough to be discreet), but my son's in kindergarten , so I thought I'd send his two notes to his teacher with a note attached letting her know our situation.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 4:52 PM on May. 13, 2009