I finally got my almost 2 year old in daycare. she did 2 days last week great, monday i had to leave work at 12pm bcuz she was histerical making herself throw up since 8am! yesterday i tell her im leaving (daddy was staying home) She goes and screams and throws up! what do I do?

Asked by xbabygirlx_2000 at 4:33 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As hard as it is mom, you gotta stand your ground....if she realizes that throwing up will stop you in your tracks....then she's got ya!

Tell her you love her, give her a hug and go....she will eventually calm down and go with the may take weeks, but it will come..

I am a preschool teacher by the way ;)

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Is there anyway u can kind of "set her up for success?" make sure she knows the night before that ur leaving for work in the morning...maybe give her a pic of u she can take with her to daycare. Could u call and talk to her during the day for a few min??? i dont have a lot of experience with this...

Answer by lionslambs at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2009