Somebody has some major butt to kiss.

Who really gets screwed over the long haul for this? :

In his book, Audacity of Hope, Barack Obama recognized his debt to labor unions and revealed what he would do if given the chance to lead this country:

I owe those unions... When their leaders call, I do my best to call them back right away. I don't mind feeling obligated.

Thanks, Obummer..........

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 4:35 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I kiss my hubbys butt when I spend too much money shopping :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 4:41 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Can you please post the whole paragraph? I am not an Obama fan, but alot of stuff I have got from emails from books he has wrote is taken out of context. It helps if you have the before and after parts too. Guess I should just by that dang book.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• ALL Obama supporters in their having completed " EXTENSIVE RESEARCH" on their candidate should OWN this book already (or have oh, I dunno, checked it out of the LIBRARY) at least once BEFORE voting for him?!?!? Might have saved this country some major headaches! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Lorikeet, excuses, excuses.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:51 PM on May. 13, 2009

• LoriKeet I agree! It shocks me how people make major decisions with little or no information!

It looks like Obama is doing pretty well paying them back so far. GM and Chrysler are going to the unions are now moving their production OUT of the country. Pretty cool when employees can not only get their company stolen for them, get billions of tax dollars and then outsource their jobs so they can sit back and collect the profits.

I wonder just how many pension plans across the US were holding auto stocks. Ouch, this will be a total loss.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• autodidact

Lorikeet, excuses, excuses.

****
    WHAT excuses?! I DID my research--didn't take long, since Obama hadn't/hasn't done anything noteworthy in his career to date--which is WHY I didn't vote for him!!! What's YOUR excuse?!?!? LOL!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:58 PM on May. 13, 2009

• There is plenty of documentation to show the President's allegiance to the unions. Follow the money and you have your answer about whether he made good on his promises to the unions. Specifically take a look at Chrysler.

It's not just this President though, and not only presidents. Our entire political system is polluted by lobbies that undermine anything the average American would want and defy common sense. Deals are "made with the devil" every day by politicians and we are the ones who foot the bill. We all need to jump ship on what is happening in both parties and bring about our own reform. "Politician" was never meant to be a career. People with real jobs & real life experiences were meant to govern, not just lawyers and elites like we predominantly see now. (189 of the current members of Congress list attorney as their profession. That's 35%!) Explains a lot doesn't it? : )
    TrekkieMom

Answer by TrekkieMom at 6:04 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have a copy of that book...my husband wanted it for his birthday.
    I still believe I made an educated decision. I also made one when I voted in the previous election, but I didn't get my wish. I don't remember cying about it though. Hmmm.....
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 6:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• oh, you and the rest of this country WILL be crying soon enough...just wait and see!
    Anonymous

• Wait, then a lot of folks should have read McCain's autobiography before voting for him too. You know, the one where he COMPLETELY left out that his life was SAVED by an adorable little man?
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 6:42 PM on May. 13, 2009