I had a C section 5 weeks ago and my incision is a little sore when I touch it is this normal???? and also I can feel my staples inside is this normal too??? I lost most of pregnancy weight so i figured because there is no cushion there anymore.

nessy1980

Asked by nessy1980 at 5:07 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow I am surprised first of all that you got stapled. I just got dissolvable stitches. But yes it is very normal for it to be tender to touch and even bending over. I think it took around 8 weeks for mine to fully heal. I could do whatever just had to be careful when I moved quickly or bent over or when taking a shower washing. The pain will go away eventually, promise! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 5:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would just like to say that I HATE YOU for already losing your pregnancy weight. :) hahah just kidding.

I also think it is normal for it to be sore still.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 6:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Don't know about the staples since I didn't get 'em, but the soreness is very normal. It's been 11 weeks since mine and I still get sore around the incision. It'll take a while for you to feel normal. I was still walking sort of bent over at that point.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:42 PM on May. 13, 2009

• your staples will take awhile longer to disolve. If you are 5 weeks out you should be having your checkup next week. When you see your doc let him/her know your concerns. I had tenderness for several weeks after mine but I also had a bit of inflamation and drainage still at 5 weeks. Like I said, talk to your doc.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 8:01 PM on May. 13, 2009

• im 5 months pp and i still an tender down there expecially when it rains but im still numb so i would say iuts very normal
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 8:01 PM on May. 13, 2009