can you mix gripe water in formula

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep! Just make sure you don't exceed the dosage.

Answer by elleinad at 5:16 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You sure can! :) Makes it much easier to give it to them. Just I would only make enough formula so that they will take all the dosage required. That stuff is AMAZING! I wouldn't have survived some nights without it. Well prob would have but it is definitely miracle stuff! lol

Answer by leann74016 at 5:17 PM on May. 13, 2009

• There is a reason the instructions for mixing formula are what they are. You shouldn't mix anything in with formula.

• can too mix it with the formula. It won't hurt anything.

Answer by leann74016 at 5:51 PM on May. 13, 2009

• ummm.. silly question what is gripe water?

Answer by djdiddles62 at 7:23 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Some people think gripe water is some special water that magically cures colic.

• I wouldn't. One of the main ingredients in gripe water is fennel - which is a liccorie flavor. Would you like to drink milk that tastes like black jelly beans?

And gripe water is an herbal mix that has been used for thousands of years. There are several brands but they are all very similar. Even my doctor recommended we try it for our daughter's colic. It didn't help my daughter's colic but it does help the colic in many, many babies. When you are in the living hell that is colic, you will try anything and you will shout for joy if it works.
    Other uses for it: gets rid of hiccups and is great for upset tummies in babies and toddlers.

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:18 PM on May. 13, 2009