is this unreasonable?

me hubby and i eat dinner at the dining room table everyday with our dd, today he decided to eat on the way home. he has a five minute drive home from work if that, but he stopped to eat out. is it unreasonable of me to ask him to wait those 5 extra minutes and come home and eat with the family? i have dinner waiting in the oven for him everyday, the only reason its in the oven is so that it stays warm and we can all eat a hot meal. he thinks im being unreasonable wanting him to wait those 5 minutes to eat with the family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• He probably wants a break from eating a homemade meal.
    Anonymous

• No i think he is being disrespectful knowing you have made dinner for him

Ask him if there is something in particular he'd like you to make- I would love my husband's input on our menu but he scarfs it down and makes no comments... Maybe if he has a say he'd look forward to your meals?

It would bother me more that he didn't offer to pick us up anything... that is insensitive too
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• personally its not unreasonable through my eyes! You are going out of your way to keep dinner warm for him and he shows no appreciation for it, by stopping and eating on the way home! First off, it saves money... second off, it gives that special together time as a family... that is when my little family and I talk to each other about how our day was, or when we remind each other of special events coming up! Its catch up time! If he is going to eat out or stop on the way home, he should at least let you know before hand so that you and the kid(s) arent sitting there waiting to eat when you could have! BUT he should be more appreciative... you dont HAVE TO wait for him.... you simply choose to!!! Not all women would do that... personally I wouldnt! LOL When my kids are hungry they eat with or without dad if he isnt home on time! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 5:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• If he did this ONCE so what? Life's too short to complain and worry about the small stuff! You said your peace, told him how you liked to eat as a family.. now wait and see what he does. Move on from it! If thats the biggest problem in y our relationship right now then you don't have it too bad!
    Anonymous

• That would anoy me big time too lol But I wouldn't make a big deal of it. If he did it again and again and again I would.
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 5:45 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It would annoy me but I'd try not to make a big deal about it. Tel him next time if he doesn't feel like eating at home to please inform you. Then you and your child aren't at home waiting for him when he already ate. Just out of curiosity, did he say why he ate before he got home? Maybe he was REALLY hungry and craving something else?
    Anonymous

• I would be pissed...this is how I feel about it..1) he is saying without saying,,he doesn't like your cooking/food..2) He is saying he doesn't want to eat with you/be around you. Me I would just stop cooking for him for a while. See if he notices..

Answer by louise2 at 5:54 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would be upset. It's inconsiderate and disrespectful. 1) He knows you cooked, and are waiting on HIM to come home before you eat, he couldn't respect the fact that you put effort into cooking and was waiting for him to come home before you ate. 2) If he was going to stop and grab something to eat, he should have considered his family and offered to pick up food for you too.

Tell him how you feel and then ask him how he would feel if you cooked dinner for you and your DD and ate it before he came home from work and didn't CONSIDER him at all. And you didn't have anything waiting for him when he got home either.

My husband and I usually talk throughout the day and we will talk about dinner. If he's working late, I save him a plate, and a lot of times I save him and I plates and we eat together when he gets home. If we eat out, we all eat out.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• they complain if dinner is not ready and now they complain about having a cooked meal. what the heck? if he does it all the time it would bug me. what i would do and i've been told i'm wrong is the next time he wants sex or something make a stupid excuse why you can't and if he says that's stupid then you say it's just as stupid as you can't wait 5 minutes to eat with the family at home. he should get the picture then. i don't think your asking to much and i question why he is being so selfish.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Well it would bother me a little but I wouldnt make a big deal about it
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:17 PM on May. 13, 2009