What to buy A Friend for his 3RD Marriage??

A Guy we know is being Married. His 3rd! His Second marriage was over before the Reception! His Wife to be has been Married before & has preteens! So what would you buy them??

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nothing
    Anonymous

• I WOULDN'T BUY HIM ANYTHING HE SHOULD HAVE EVERYTHING, HE NEEDED FROM THE FIRST TWO MARRIAGES !MONEY?
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 5:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would get them a gift card of some kind or the money you would have spent on a present.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:28 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Divorce papers.

Answer by louise2 at 5:29 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Pre-marital counseling?
    Okay, seriously, I guess if you feel you must give a gift, a gift card would do.
    Anonymous

• a card and nice book from hallmark. its a gift but not expensive. like one about marriage...and how wonderul it is. thats what my FIL got for his 3rd marriage. they actually requested no gifts at this marriage but some people still did. or you cold get one of the little figurines they sell too...hallmark is a wonderful place for that stuff
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I might take a bottle of wine or a cool wine stopper. Anything consumable is a nice gift. I took a box of nice chocolates to the last wedding celebration I attended because I knew the couple didn't really need anything. Two tickets to a fun event or concert or a gift certificate for a local restaurant might also be nice. If he is your friend and you want him to be happy this time around treat it as the celebration it is intended to be; they already have enough stacked against them that they don't need their geusts to be snotty about it as some are suggesting. In my opinion, if you can't be happy and generouis in spirit you shouldn't go.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:40 PM on May. 13, 2009

• a gift card to an attorney.....or nothing. He's had 2 marriages to get gifts at....at this point, i wouldn't put any stock into the guy....JMO.
    Anonymous

• a card that says 3rd times a charm lol but i would just get him a giftcard for a dinner or something like that. i agree that he should have everything he needs from the frst 2.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:17 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have a neighbor like this, his third wife and him have been happily married for over ten years now, but the way they got there was a tough series of roads they both took to find that perfect match.

I have little to no suggestions aside from out right asking what kind of things he'd like, or if they need if anything. There are times where you can be with a person for years, and still not have everything, also they could both have differing taste but like the same stores to buy things from, so finding out what they both enjoy and would want/need might be best, if you don't feel comfortable with that then money/gift cards.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:42 PM on May. 13, 2009