ramen noodles

is it ok to feed my 1 yr old ramen noodles ("chicken" flavored) for dinner?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go with the spinach. And yes, add it to the noodles, but, leave out the packet. Good job though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would rinse the noodles until the water runs clear. The powder has MSG - not a good thing.
    Anonymous

• Just the noodles, no powder seasoning. Why not just give your baby some veggies?
    Anonymous

• hmmmm no not a good thing...perhaps I could skip the powder and add frozen spinach instead, or just offer it plain?...I dont have any vegetable stock or else I'd just add that.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:29 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i feed them to my kids occasionally when im low on energy...and personally i love them!! always have ever since i was there age. i know sad, but its one of my fav foods!! i dont think its bad as long as its not all the time!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It's probably ok, but not something to do on a regular basis because of the amount of sodium in Ramen Noodles. I'm not against them or anything, I actually love them...lol....but I don't eat them much because they aren't good for you.
    Anonymous

• all I have in stock right now is frozen spinach and some butter peas....would both of those work?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my 11 mom old.loves to eat peas, he chases them around the high chair tray. give him some noodles and some peas....
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:33 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It's fine to give once in a while. It's high in sodium that's all.

Let him have it.
    Anonymous

• ok I decided on something else lol I'm making him tofu nuggets tonight! he likes em. I am cooking the beans, but will probably serve them tomorrow since it's getting close to his bedtime and they take a while to cook! I would like to serve more than just noodles and spinach. I'll probably wait till my next grocery trip and grab some veggie stock and more raw veggies in general, maybe even make my own stock! thanks for the tips everyone
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:11 PM on May. 13, 2009