• In the Spotlight:

prenatal pills

im havin extremely bad morning sickness threwout the whole day...
im not even holding down my prenatal pills
is there something else i can be taking to make sure my babies gettin everything
it needs?
im only 9 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I Had severe morning sickness too w/my son starting @ 6wks & I had to take mine right before bed w/ice water. it worked for me because thats when I was the least sick...itleast long enough for my body to digest/absorb the vitamins LOL I hope that helps a little!?
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 5:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Thats how it was for me and my doctor told me that i can take the flinstone chewables. i was able to keep that down longer than anything else but you have to take 2 of them. you could always try that.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my doctor gave me chewable ones so if i vomited they already absorbed in you.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 6:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• 2 Flinestones...make sure they have folic acid!
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 7:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I was the same way, well I didn't have any morning sickness at all but couldn't stand to take my prenatal pills, my doctor suggested flinstone gummies I take 3 every day, and they are sooo good! Good luck and hang in there, the 2nd trimester does get better...I am on my third and back to being miserable with pregnancy stuff!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• try and take them with something besides water, like soda. The carbonation in it helps, I have found. Also, you can try taking them @ night. Flinstones or chewables are just as good. Target makes a non-smelly or foul tasting prenatal. I gagged over the knock-you-out smell and taste of other ones. I hope this helps a little.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 8:07 PM on May. 13, 2009