What do you think of parents Demanding A 25TH Anniversary Party?

I know A Married couple with kids & no Funds! They get Laid off work often and are Expecting A baby. His Father is Demanding A Big 25TH Wedding Anniversary Party! The Same parents that Abused him & kicked him out of their home when he was 12!!! There's 4 other kids ages; 24, 23, 15, & 13!! This couple can't Afford to invite & pay for like 150+ People!! But they can't Say No!? They don't have money to live with Basic Needs or pay their own Bills Etc.. What do you think of parents placing this Burden on them? Is there any Way to do it for Cheap? Also the Family is Fueding.. And Everyone Hates this one or that one!! I see this & feel so Bad to see this!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 5:30 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Simple answer? just say no! how can some people be so unbelievably obtuse?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:33 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would feel NO obligation to do shit. Plus it is rude to DEMAND a party for anything lol
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 5:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I'd tell them to throw themselves a party if they want one that bad.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would lay it on the line basically. Tell them the reason they can't afford to throw and 25th is because they can't even afford to pay their own necessities. If that doesn't work and they still insist, then flat out tell them no and don't talk about it again. IF the parents ask about it (say "Hows the party planning coming along?" or "Be sure to invite so-and-so..." your friends need to turn around and tell them they should be asking/telling the people planning it. If the parents don't get the picture then your friends should avoid their phone calls.

If they don't want to tell them no then your friends can try writing a good old fashioned letter and sending it to them.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 5:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think if it is something they want then they should pay for it!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 6:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I say OFF WITH THEIR HEADS
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 6:08 PM on May. 13, 2009

• haha abs-
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Cheap - Pot luck with just the minimum family

What do they deserve - - NOTHING

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• They should not even be concerned about this at all.
    They should just say it is not possible and then distance themselves from the drama and feuding.
    They have their own problems to deal with and don't need the added stress from people who don't truly care about them.
    I wish them all the best.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:28 PM on May. 13, 2009