Im 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant should i be cramping..

I only cramp well, more like tightness and sharp pains in the lower part of my stomach when i start running or walking up steps is that normal???

xxTiffanGaryxx

Asked by xxTiffanGaryxx at 5:35 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree I would skip the running up the steps. You have to remember excersise is still great but your body is diffrent now. Talk to your OB about will work best for you. A little bit of cramping is normal. You uterus is groowing and the muscles and tendents are growing to. Try to relax while you still can.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 6:19 PM on May. 13, 2009

• for one thing you are pregnant don't run up the steps. take your time when going up or down stairs. yes it sounds normal to me. you are over working your body. if you over do it, then you can cause small contractions which it sounds like you are having. also your tendons, skin, and muscles are stretching on a daily basis. those could also be the pains you are experiences. take it easy until the baby is born.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would say take it easy. it is normal but you could be over doing it too.
    spidermonkey2

Answer by spidermonkey2 at 6:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• well my niece was the same distance in her pregnancy and she was carrying clothes basket and stuff and ending up losing the baby so be VERY careful, a pregnancy is nothing to mess with btw congrats on the pregnancy.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 6:51 PM on May. 13, 2009

• yes, this is normal. YOu cannot MAKE yourself have a miscarriage with activity.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:45 AM on May. 14, 2009