my son keeps tackling his friends at school.

He is the sweetest little boy. He always says "Mom, I just love to see you smile" and follows up with a kiss. He likes to come in our room in the morning to snuggle before school. I know doesn't it melt your heart. So, why then does he turn into a linebacker at school. He is only 6yrs old. And even the teacher thinks he is sweet . Except of course when tackling. Now today I got a note sent home that said he hurt a girl. Ok that is not exceptable. I don't care what age you are no hurting girls. Very big rule in our house. So, what gives. I know lately his sisters have been going to the Doctors and getting attention for that. Is it possible that's the problem? I need HELP!!!!!!

mommarykaje

Asked by mommarykaje at 5:35 PM on May. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• he wrote apology letter
    mommarykaje

Answer by mommarykaje at 11:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• well, have you talked to him already about its not okay to tackle people PERIOD. And about keeping hands/feet/boddy to yourself, and about personal space.

If so, then there must be a consequence at home to follow up behavior at school. By 6 they are waaaaay old enough to understand that. No T.V., dessert etc. and maybe even write apology.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:12 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It could be that he is seeking attention. Girls play differently than boys. I am not saying that tackling is the best way of saying hello...but hey - in my day we played bloody knuckles. Work with him to find a way that he can express himself. If dad is in the house - dad needs to be the one to talk to him about it.
    Anonymous