i swear by this...plus ive seen it actually happen

ever notice when you get in a serious relationship your weight just balloons up? its happend to me and all my girls why is that>? not talking after baby was born but before

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 5:51 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe you start to feel more comfortable with the person, you're not too worried about your weight anymore?Plus dinner dates can add up! I know gained a few pounds after SO and I had been together awhile. Now I'm paying for it!
    Anonymous

• I don't know but I agree. After dh and I got togeher I gained 25 lbs and dh gained 35 lbs. Over the course of 4-5 yrs but still. Now we are working on losing it.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 5:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Men eat more and they eat more often. I think women gain wait eating with their men.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:54 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Have you ever noticed that when a woman is pregnant her husband gains weight with her? I don't know if it's all men, probably not but the majority of guys I know (including my SO) gained weight right along! Probably because when the woman is craving something, their husband ends up eating with her. JMO.
    Anonymous

• Its just slowing down and comfort weight. When I was single I would wake up every morning go to work come home change and be on the run again. I always found something to do riding in the woods are getting all decked out to go gamble in AC, shopping, running around with my friends and there kids I wouldn't get in till @10 every night. Then it was laundry and what ever else. I never sat still. The second I started dating someone and would have more movie nights then girls night I would always gain 10lbs.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 6:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My step mom always called it her happy fat lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:12 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I lost 40 lbs from stress and anxiety before I got married to my now Hubby. It was awesome except my dress was a little too big in the chest... I'm sure it would fit fine now,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• the only time I have ever gained any weight while I have been with my husband is while I was pregnant and I have been with him for almost 10 years. so it isn't true for every one.
    Anonymous

• my was opposite my hubby gained more weight when he started dating me because i eat a lot and often but i have always been really skinny.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 7:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think it's because so much of early dating revolves around food. Either you're going out to eat on dates or you're cooking up all of your beef, fat and cream laden recipes hoping to impress him with your culinary prowess! lol At least, that's my excuse.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 7:34 PM on May. 13, 2009