anxiety or bipolar

Ihave struggled with anxiety for a long time now. when imhappy im way happy when im sad im way sad not sucidal bc i know lifes better then that but I cant help it its extreme is it just anxiety or bipolar and how do you find out???am I mis diagnosed?

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 5:58 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Health

• Go to a Psychiatrist. They can administer a test to see if you fit the criteria for diagnosis.
    Anonymous

• Bipolar - Talk to a therapist.
    Anonymous

• I have both a panic disorder and bipolar. You need to talk to your doc and be refered to a psyc. to be dx though. Alot of ppl with mental disorders a miss dx for a long time before they get the right one so you may be.
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 6:08 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i have a severe seratonin imbalance that causes the exact same thing. I do not have depression but i get kinda blue and dont want to do anything then when i am happy i am really happy. I also have bodily problems that it causes like IBS and SBS. But the medication i am on is a SSRI, or seratonin reuptake drug. It works wonders on the problems. My doctor says its neither anxiety or bi polor your body just isnt making enough seratonin or the receptors in your body arent receiving enough.
    Amber-Skye

Answer by Amber-Skye at 6:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would say that it is bipolar.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:08 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Seeing I am not a psychiatrist, I won't try and diagnosis you, you need to see a psychiatrist or counselor to find out. Bipolar is a lot more than what you are describing. Get checked out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:03 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Only a psychiatrist can diagnose you.
    Please see one soon so you can receive the help you need. Don't be afraid, there are many medications that won't harm you, but will help control your symptoms.
    {{{hugs}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:10 AM on May. 14, 2009