What do you think about Illinois removing Erotic Services from Craigslist?

I think it's great and personally wish all states would follow. Have you seen those ads? It is pure prostitution.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's great and all the states should do it. Although I know that IL has been fighting with Craigslist for at least a year about that section and about how they are promoting prostitution. Also, the police have used those ads to catch prostitutes and their "johns"
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Good move.
    Anonymous

• Maybe other states will follow suit.
    Anonymous

• I think it's good. However, the alternative they've proposed is to have an 'adults' section where Craigslist employees monitor posts. Hmm...makes me wonder what an average citizen employee would be able to do to thwart illegal activity. Seems like law enforcement should ne involved, but what do I know? Hopefully their new idea works out for the best.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:00 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think prostitution should be legalized, but that's just me. So, no, I don't think it's great.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• WHAT??!!?? They are actually posting adds for that...thats nuts!!
    Anonymous

• Eck...take 'em off. It's just too easy for youngsters to log on there and look at all that stuff. All that stands between them and a porn ad is a little button that asks if they are 18+. There is nothing to verify that they actually are over 18.

And as for having adults monitor it...even with the down slopping economy I would have to decline that job.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 6:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think it is a good idea. We shouldn't prompt prostitution at any level. Having the opertunitiy to go onlne and find a prostitute may make more people do it because they are lest likly to be caught with their pants down on the street.
    Anonymous

• More business for the "massage" and "escort" services that have been paying to advertise in the yellow pages since they were invented. Until they move on to other sections like "help wanted" or "services provided"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• GREAT! I think all states should follow.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:28 PM on May. 13, 2009