is this weired?

the right side of my face became partially numb about and hour ago and my vision on that side is kind of blurry. Now about an hour later, the other side of my face feels like it is getting numb.
i can still control my face and smile completly normal.
is a stroke the only thing that can make your face numb?

BayB

Asked by BayB at 6:02 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like it could possibly be Bells Palsy. I'm not completely sure, but here is a link for the definition on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bells_palsy
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:06 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You can get a stroke are commonn for old people but its can def happend to the young its stress if your overly stressed that can happend or it can also be linked to seascers go to the ER if you want to know exactlly what it was .but chances are it will be all over once you get sleep .It can also be ardiovascular (Heart and Blood Circulation) Symptoms
    involving the heart or blood circulation system you can have numbness to your hand and face
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 6:25 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Want to take the chance? Call your doctor for goodness sake! GOOD LUCK, sugar!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 6:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't know but I would be for going to the ER instead of being on the computer.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:06 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would go to the ER to get checked out, no reason to take a chance. It could have been a mini stroke and those tend to lead to bigger strokes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:00 PM on May. 13, 2009

• pregancy induced bells palsy may be a possibilty and it usually doesnt go away after you give birth any side of your face drooping???? and call your doctor asap.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 9:17 PM on May. 13, 2009