Babies trip to MIL's house.

Background: I am in Washington where my husband is stationed, and MIL is in Tennessee with the rest of my husband's family. My mother and father live here, and get to see my 17 month old dd almost daily. My husband just got home last May from a deployment and is leaving again in September for Iraq. We are supposed to spend block leave there for the first two weeks in August. My MIL wants to fly up here in the middle of July and take my daughter home with her until we get there at the beginning of August. My MIL would have her for a full two weeks, and then we would be there for a full two weeks, so an entire month. My husband really wants his mother to be able to do this, and I agree that it isn't fair that she hardly gets to see her, but I really need help. I am so afraid of something happening to her and me not being able to get there, or it messing up her schedule,

2-1CavWife

Asked by 2-1CavWife at 6:20 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would not allow it simply because to your daughter you would be sending her off with a stranger for 2 weeks. Yes she is her grandmother and you and your husband know her, but if your DD has not had much contact with her she is a stranger to her.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:40 PM on May. 13, 2009