Would you take this information to your next visit to the pediatrician?

My friend sent me an email with this information I'm not sure if I should take it with me for the next visit to the pediatrician. Would you do it?

The information is in PDF format here is the link:
http://vaers.hhs.gov/pdf/ReportableEventsTable.pdf

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In fact, Congress has heard testimony that medical students are told not to report suspected adverse events.

The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC, a grassroots organization founded by parents of vaccine-injured and killed children) has conducted its own investigations. It reported: “In New York, only one out of 40 doctor's offices confirmed that they report a death or injury following vaccination.” In other words, 97.5% of vaccine related deaths and disabilities go unreported there. Implications about medical ethics aside (federal law directs doctors to report serious adverse events ), these findings suggest that vaccine deaths and serious injuries actually occurring may be from 10 to 100 times greater than the number reported.
    Its.Me.Again

Answer by Its.Me.Again at 11:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I forgot to mention that she said that I should specially print out the second page. I don't think I could take this information to the pediatrician. Perhaps he would think that I'm nuts.
    Anonymous

• Why would you take that to the pediatrician with you??? I don't understand the question, I guess...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 6:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• The information I've been given is about the avert reactions after the vaccines. My friend is insisting to take the information to the ped. I don't know if someone has done this.
    Anonymous

• I would. Ask him questions, see what they say. they can't say its not true. Don't let them bully you into anything. You are your kids biggest advocate. Ask away. If you still don't feel comfortable, don't get them (vax) until you do.
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• pm me- I do not vax, and feel very strongly about it. :)
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I'd certainly ask him about them. I always made my babies late on getting their shots on purpose. I watched a program years ago that said if you just waited a few weeks - month to start their shots it would make a difference. I did and felt good about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:33 PM on May. 13, 2009

• adverse reactions*
    Anonymous

• I will try to discuss it but I don't know how I will put myself telling a Doctor that I know this....and so on. I'm afraid he would think that I'm a problematic patient and I don't really want that for my baby.
    Anonymous

• It is important to research vaccines thoroughly, read all sides of the issue, and make your own informed decision. Your doctor and your friends don't get to make this decision; only the parents. We choose to delay vaxing until after our daughter's first birthday. We did one vaccine per office visit, with single dose, preservative free, vaccines; we read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Again, don't decide based on a single source or what we chose to do.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 PM on May. 13, 2009