Why did God create the Earth?

Was it created as a place to imprison Satan? If so, why would he put the souls of his children here when he knew the father of evil existed here to? And, if heaven os so lovely, why would he not want us there close to him to begin with? I guess I am just confused!
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 6:27 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Earth was created before the fall of Lucifer; which happened before the creation of Man. Earth became Satan's prison, but it wasn't created for that purpose specifically, theoretically... Christian thought seems to be that Elohim had a plan, which involved putting people in close proximity with evil so that they could be tempted to sin and thereby have a better relationship with Him. That's the party line, IME.

"Why" isn't addressed. The whole point of the Satan myth was for a primitive people to have an explanation for sickness, death, and sorrow.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:42 PM on May. 13, 2009

• For his glory
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• That's one of those mysteries of God we may never know till we get to Heaven. I have no idea really why,but I'm thankful to Him everyday that He did.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• What glory does he get from Earth that he doesn't get from heaven?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Because he was bored?? Shoot I don't know why a supposedly perfect omniscient and omnipotent being decided to create an imperfect world. Why would he /she need to?? Good thing I don't buy into the whole creationism story.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:33 PM on May. 13, 2009

• He needed somewhere to put the Christians because they were driving him crazy and the devil didn't want them.

Anonymous

• Hey so are there other earths? Ones with out Satan? I mean their are billions of other planets out there in the Universe.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 7:03 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Some people can just be so rude and obnoxious...

Anyways, Earth was not created to imprison Satan.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:05 PM on May. 13, 2009

• But the fact does remain that in the Christian myth, God put people on earth with Satan - either for a reason, or for no reason at all... I think Ashley might be trying to find out perspectives on why.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Earth was supposed to be paradise to start off with, but satan took care of that , God made earth because he was lonely, and wanted someone to talk with,
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:20 PM on May. 13, 2009