i need your ladies advice

do you think you need to be in love with someone to move in with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• No, but you should think you're on your way to love or some other serious relationship, otherwise, what is the point?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Personally I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to share my living space with someone I didn't love or trust, and certainly wouldn't want them living with my children either. My space is special and a place where I am safe, and if I allow someone to be in that, I have to love them, and therefore trust them that they are going to take care of the space and respect it and my children.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• That depends.

If the person you are moving in with has romantic feelings for you and wants moving in to represent another step towards romantic intimacy, then, yes, you need to love them back.

But, if you are just friends or roomates, then, no.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes.

Moving in with someone is a HUGE step. Why would you even consider it if you weren't in love with them?

Now, if you're talking more of a roommate situation, then no.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:38 PM on May. 13, 2009

• No, I think you need to be MARRIED to move in with someone.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• well we are dating, and i think im falling in love with him.. but not completely sure yet. so yes we are romantically involved
    Anonymous

• If you knew the true definition of love, you would not be asking this question. Right now, you are enamored, and feel special, which is great, but to love AND BE LOVED by someone, you must know their character, not how good they are in bed. True love showes through hard times and good times, not at the beginning of a relationship. Please be careful with your heart... don't just give it away so easily.
    squish

Answer by squish at 6:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• What if it doesnt work out? I wouldnt move in with someone I "think" I am falling in love with! How long have you been together? You truly get to know the real person when you live together!

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 6:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• me too kemclaughlin i agree, i think marriage is the only time you should live with someone. otherwise why would he ever need to marry you if he already has you and has you under the same roof. also you could loose him as a boyfriend after that cause frankly moving in with each other results in 2 things 1) he never marrys you 2) you end up breaking up.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Well then OP, I say not yet. Living together (wether married or not) is hard. Everything from bills to personal space can lead to conflict.

Just ask yourself if you love him enough to share the most intimate things with him on a daily basis (and I'm not talking romantic stuff here!-I'm talking about him seeing your tampons in the trash or you walking in on him pooping...that kind of stuff.) If you aren't ready to face those kinds of things, then don't move in yet.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:01 PM on May. 13, 2009