Can a military soldier?

marry his first cousin? I am not debating if it is legal or right or wrong, i am just wondering if any military personnel can marry their first cousin. I know someone who is in a serious relationship with his first cousin and although PA wont legalize their marriage NJ will. What would happen since he is in the military?

Thanks, BTW I think it is gross.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• As long as they are married legally (in any state) the government will recognize the marriage as legal and the spouse is eligible for benefits.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:58 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Wow, that is weird.
    Anonymous

• I didn't think that ANYONE, military or non, in any state could marry their first cousin. That is too close in the blood lines?

That is frickin gross anyways.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:05 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It's also legal in the state of CO. I saw that when I was looking up laws when DH and I got married.

As long as it is legally recognized in NJ, they will be legally married and the spouse is eligible for benefits. Exactly what Ozarkgirl said.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

• over 20 states allow it. In the Constitution states agreed to accept what other states considered legal so if states accept it (marriage in NJ) then the military should.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• as long as its legally recognized the the military will recognize it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:29 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Sorry...I hit the post button and saw my mistake
    **then the
    abbynzachsmommy

• Wow...that is really disturbing.

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes but why in the hell would he/she do that?
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 8:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• thats disgusting if they marry in one state i'm hoping that other states will give no benefits. that goes along with the gays. sorry i don't agree with them either. there are some things that are just gross and shouldn't be allowed
    Anonymous