My 5 year old started peeing on the floor! Why?

She just started doing it yesterday. Just one time then and once today. I dont' get it! Has anyone else had this problem?

jen_and_pat

Asked by jen_and_pat at 6:49 PM on May. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She may be hitting a growth spurt, or there may be something wrong. I would spend a little time with her and try to get her talking and see if anything enlightening comes up.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:51 PM on May. 13, 2009

• She could have a urinary tract infection. Is she going to the bathroom more often? Also find out if it burns when she pees. My daughter had a UTI once and she couldn't control herself and peed her pants.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:07 PM on May. 13, 2009

• did you ask her why she did it?
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:03 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I asked her why and she told me it was because the toilet seat was too hard. We have had the same one her whole life! So I don't think that's it. Also, the second time she peed, she was watching a movie she really wanted to watch, so that's why I don't think it's for attention. I took her to the doctor yesterday and the doc talked to her without me in the room (thinking she might open up) and when I came back in the room the doc said that she wanted to run cultures on her urine. Sinse I want my daughter to be trusting of her doctor, I didn't ask what was said. Now I'm just wondering like crazy why she wants cultures now. Oh, before I left the room the doc was gonna do blood tests, but she said after talking to my daughter, she didn't think she needed them.
    jen_and_pat

Answer by jen_and_pat at 12:41 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Oh, she doesn't have a UTI either.
    jen_and_pat

Answer by jen_and_pat at 12:42 PM on May. 14, 2009