Why do you join a group just to.....

be silent and never post or visit that group?

This really makes me mad if your going to join a group why not at least post or comment on another mom's post!!!! grrrrr

Mommy2seven

Asked by Mommy2seven at 7:25 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am on the fence about this. I belong to two or three groups where I don't really post. One is a siggy group, one is the Preskool playgroup and the other is a group about being an owner/adim on CM. I am very active all in all my other groups, trying to post at least once a day.
    What I don't understand is, why will you be part of like 80 groups? How on earth could you possibly participate in all of them. I am part of 18 groups and I own 4 and admin in 2 (so very active in those). I cannot always participate in the other 12 every day, but I try to give my input and I check them all at least once a day.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 6:02 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I do that alot. I do it because I like to hear what other people have to say about differant topics. I keep silent for many reasons. Either because I don't want to get involved in the drama, or because I know my view will be attacked, or because I have nothing useful to contribute to the conversation
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 7:42 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Lurkers...
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 7:44 PM on May. 13, 2009

• geminishadow.... but I'm sure what you say matters and in most groups the owner and administrators are there to make sure no one is attacked ... Its really frustrating when you are trying your best to get a group up and active to see the numbers climb yet no one is really talking...

And as far as Lurkers go.. just make it a point to interact someplace! PLEASE!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 11:13 PM on May. 13, 2009