why do so many people??

please try to write a honest answer to this question with out being rude thanks.

here is the question with the way that the economy is and how it will get worse before it gets better how come so many people bash others for using government assistance to get by at this time? knowing what you know about this economy don't you think that you should cut people some slack. even those with good paying jobs and college degrees are being laid off left and right.

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 7:32 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't have a problem (or look down on) someone who get government assistants because they are having hard times, like being laid off. What I have a problem with are the people who get government assistants for years because they are to damn lazy to get off their ass and get a job. If you've worked and paid your taxes and loose your job I think you deserve to get help from the government when you really need it, you've paid for it. But I know people who have never worked a day in their life and never paid taxes. If you don't contribute to the system then you shouldn't be allowed to use it.

Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 1:44 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Hell I have a degree and have been looking for a job for months. I have been told to just leave my BA off of my applications and resume. Cant bring myself to do it, I worked to hard for it. I have never been on assistance, but I would never think badly of anyone that needed to use it. That is what it is there for.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I am not on assistance-and frankly I don't care if you are on it as long as your aren't abusing it. Right now, I don't anyone abusing it.

I can't find a job anywhere. I graduate June 12th. I have applied and called all across this country. There are THOUSANDS of new grads like me. This is going to get way worse before it gets better. I am just glad that I am not being forced out of a job because of getting my RN license. Because that would be horrible and that is what many students are facing once they get their licensure.

There is no "stimulus plan' for this type of thing. It has to come full circle and there is no telling when that will happen.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 7:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You are right, the economy sucks, and it's so bad now, but gonna get worse. People who need help now, are going to need it for a bit longer than they normally would to get back on their feet. I don't think this is the time to bash those who need help. There will always be those who abuse the system, but those who truly need a hand up, not a hand out will get on their feet eventually, and what they pay into the system in the future will be more than what they take to survive today. Nobody wants to see families dying in the streets.
    Anonymous

• I have no problem with temp. assistance. In many cases it is a neccessary evil. I just think there needs to be reform over the entire system and process. Like every other governmental program, there is waste. And it needs to be addressed carefully. So instead of reforming a program, government wants to ADD more programs? WHich imo, equates to MORE WASTE.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:43 PM on May. 13, 2009

• The ones who think all PA are bad and have such harsh accusations against it most likely never been there before and never have to worry about ever going there.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't think people are bashing those who need TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE....we're just bashing OBAMA for setting this country up and it's citizens for massive failure on MANY levels! Socialism here we come! :o(
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:01 PM on May. 13, 2009

• temporary assistance is legit. People take advantage and spoil it for everyone. People need to swallow pride and get money any way they can after a while. Meaning, if the dream jobs are hiring, it may be time to wash dishes or clean houses. I always see jobs for waitresses.

For example, the woman who begged Obama for a house. Well, she got one. She's been living rent free in a nice house for MONTHS. Yet, she hasn't saved a dime or gotten a job. Why? But she still has frivolous expenses and is getting assistance. Why? there has to be personal accountability for this country to get better and Obama is not putting any emphasis on that.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:07 PM on May. 13, 2009

• That's not really the why people have a problem with it. If you think about it, there are a majority of people that will use PA just because they can even if it means they can keep their cell phones, cable internet/tv etc. That is not what I call needing pa. People seem to think they "deserve" things they can't afford. Posts about selling foodstamps, buying needless things with cash assistance and all kinds of crap. It was the people that thought they "deserved" better things that they could not afford that got us into this mess to begin with. So why in the world should we be ok with more and more people using it if there is not an absolute need for it? Just because you qualify for it doesn't mean you should use it. It's time for people to take responsibility for their own actions and choices.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• "For example, the woman who begged Obama for a house. Well, she got one. She's been living rent free in a nice house for MONTHS. Yet, she hasn't saved a dime or gotten a job. "

Buy a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man  to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:13 PM on May. 13, 2009