What do you think about tattoos being used for medical alerts?

I think this is a great idea.. what about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, very true. It would have to be a standard thing to look for. As an Ex-EMT, we had certain things we knew to look for. I think this would probably be very beneficial on the wrist, where the bracelet would most likely be. It would have to be entered into the EMT protocol and all, but overall I think it's a great idea!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It's a great idea but the doctor's have to know to look for it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:49 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Good idea, especially for those who do not like to wear the bracelets and/or necklaces. Where would it be? Itd have to be kinda discrete.. maybe on the bottom of the foot? I cant tell if that would hurt like holy hell or tickle like mad! Maybe both. Be screaming and laughing all at the same time.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:57 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Something as important as that should be prominently displayed....like on your forehead!
    Anonymous

• Yeah forehead.. good answer.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i think i would stick to wearing the bracelet thanks but no thanks to the tattoo i hate needles and i really hate pain.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:03 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think all the BO voters should have to get a LARGE sized "BO" tat on their forenogs so us others will all know who to thank for getting us all screwed.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Well that was relevant to the question, now wasn't it, tnmomofive?

I thought this had to do with medical alerts being shown by getting tattoos.

Where did politics come into play?
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:26 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Good idea and bad idea.
    While you would always have it on you, would doctors know to look for it? And would they spot it on someone with many tatoos? Maybe if there was a standard place for it so doctors could look in one place and move on. Traumas and other medical emergencies have an overwhelming amount of stuff going on without someone having to check every inch of skin on the patient.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:41 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think it is a good idea. But it would have to be on the same spot for every person so EMT and docs would know where to look.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:42 PM on May. 13, 2009