Ever graduated from college at an older age?

Im 27 and graduating from college tomorrow. In a way I feel great, but I also feel just a teensy weensy embarrassed because honestly most of my classmates graduated when they were either 20 or 22. I found out I was pregnant with my first when I was 19 so I kind of held off but finally I made it! Any others in my situation?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 7:51 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hey, congrats to you. I'm graduating next thurs (May 21). And I'm 33. It's so common for more and more people to go school later in life. I say it's better. At least it is for me. I was too immature and inexperienced. Now I actually know what I want to do with my life and take it seriously. ;-D

I say good for you. You should be proud of your achievement. Especially since you're doing it as a mom. Even better. Keep up the good work!
    mjb75

Answer by mjb75 at 9:57 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Congrats on your Graduation, Hold your head up high b/c it doesn't matter how old you are point is you did it ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:00 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Congratulations! I am so very proud of you and you should be proud of yourself.
    Don't think of yourself as older. Think of yourself as wiser and more experienced in life. You have an advantage over the younger college graduates - you have been educated in ways they haven't been yet.

My first college graduation was when I was 32 and my second was this year and I am now 42! I am returning to college in 5 more days to begin a new degree and I will be 44 when I graduate for that one.
    I have a lot of life experience, a lot of education, and a love for learning! I will attend college as long as I can afford it - even if I am 90 years old!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:05 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Congratulations!

I have you beat. Twenty-seven is NOTHING. I received my AA when I was 34.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I was 33 and FINALLY finished my degree in Human Development. A lot of my classmates were about my age or older. I took a lot of night classes.

Congrats by the way!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:14 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Thank You!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I will be almost 40 when I graduate in 2 years and my mom was 54 when she graduated with her Masters Degree (52 with her Bachelors). CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Congratulations!!!! Dont worry about the age because there are alot of people who wish they can accomplish a college degree at any age. Now you can add "college grad" to your title along with "mom" and many more of course. :)
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 1:36 PM on May. 14, 2009