Crib Question?

Hello People, okay my son is 6 months old and he can stand up in his crib all by himself, he started doing it like last night and I was wondering if I needed to get a new crib because the matress is low as it can go and the bars are up to his shoulders. I'm a new mom so bare with me.

CarsBars08

Asked by CarsBars08 at 7:59 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. Its normal. When he started crawling out of then .. then you should worry.

My daughter was in her crib for about 8 months while she could stand in it. Then when she turned 13 months i moved her to a toddler bed.

Good luck mama!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 8:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My son is starting to do that too! We lowered the mattress and took the bumper out. We put in a "breathable baby" bumper instead -- it is harder for him to use it as a "step-stool"
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• nope. as long as he is not able to climb out it is fine.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Wen he starts to show signs of climbing then move him to a toddler bed.Ensure the bar is raised on the crib,as that doesnt seem right..his shoulders?6 months is way too early to move and I think all mattresses drop the same amount.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 9:06 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My 20 month old is still standing up like that in his crib, and still hasn't climbed out, so hopefully you have a bit more time!
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 9:47 PM on May. 13, 2009