how late did your baby arrive?

my doctor said that almost all first time deliveries are late and he is guessing that im going to be up to 2 weeks late..so i was wondering how late were your babies born?

rkm0731

Asked by rkm0731 at 8:10 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My first was actually 4 weeks early, my second was 6 weeks early, I've only had preemies, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I really don't believe that any baby is late. I think nature knows exactly when the baby is ready to enter the world and that makes each birth happen exactly when it should. We spend our lives adhering to some sort of a schedule. I never wanted my baby's birth to be tied to my doctors golf game schedule. Then forever after you will repeat the story of your baby being "late" when actually the timing was perfect.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 8:50 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I had too been told that first-time you are always past your due date. I prepared myself that I would be waddling around in pain, swollen, and fat forever. So when my labor started almost 3 weeks before my due date, I was mentally convinced that these contractions must be Braxton Hicks. I was so convinced I stayed home in severe pain for over 30 hours laboring until my water broke! So NOT all first time mommies make it to their due date!!!
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 9:43 PM on May. 13, 2009

• First was 43 weeks, second 42 and third 41, I let them all come naturally.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 9:58 PM on May. 13, 2009