I am 20 weeks and I feel the baby move when Iget up or move around but I feel it up higher. This is an IVF pregnancy and so far we have only seen one baby do you think there is more than one or is it normal to have the movements that high this early?

carrier09

Asked by carrier09 at 8:14 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It seems to me that I felt a lot of movements up high early on...and it wasn't until the baby was bigger (later on) that all the movements lower began.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:19 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My son lived in my ribs the whole pregnancy. Unfortunately, he was transverse (sideways) through the whole thing and caused me a c-section. But, he's a healthy, happy 6 1/2yo kindergarten graduate now! Good luck!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:25 PM on May. 13, 2009

• If I remember correctly, most of the motion in the early stages is under your ribs. As the baby grows and gains weight then you will feel movement lower. Whether there is more than one will be answered as time goes on. A surprise for another day. www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 8:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• At 20 weeks the uterus is at the level of the belly button, so you should feel the baby from the area just above the belly button and below. If you are feeling it high up, that's probably gas.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:41 AM on May. 14, 2009